Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Reminders of love

God is so good. He really is. When life is painful, it still can't take away from God's goodness; sometimes it just accentuates it. Doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt unbearably, but God is always still good in the midst of it.

Today God totally blessed me through a friend of mine. We had several talks today that just really touched my heart. It gave me a chance to really open up and talk about some things on my heart, and as she listened, understood, and encouraged me, I felt the heart of God. It was like he sent me a blessing in my friend, he sent me a part of himself. It was beautiful. He provides at just the right moments. Often he provides in ways we weren't looking for or asking for...sometimes it's because he wants to give us something better than what we had hoped for. He's good that way, isn't he?

The rest of today was pretty good. I was pretty tired today due to some late night cirumstances last night, but I've made it through today very well. Our church's university group met tonight for our Wednesday night Bible study that we've just started up. It's exciting to see how our group is growing; we've been praying for this for the last two years! It's neat to see.

I think that God is always loving us in some way or another. Sometimes we look for the supernatural experiences to remind us of how he loves us, and sometimes we miss the obvious expressions of his love. Like the friend who listens and loves you just when you need it. Or the phone call from your mom just when you could use someone to talk to. Or the most beautiful blue sky that just makes you feel peaceful, or the wind that seems to soothe your soul. Or the circumstances that make you laugh and smile. He loves us through the everyday stuff in our lives. He loves us through his word, He loves us through prayer. He loves us just by reminding us that he is good, and that he is God. He loves us just by reminding us that he is love.

And that love makes each day worth living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home