Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Focus

So I promise to make more regular updates, and what do I do? Promptly run off for a weekend so that I don't! Apologies again.

This weekend was really neat. I got to go with our school's Baptist Student Ministry (BSM) to a state-wide collegiate convention called Focus. It was a really great time. I got to meet a lot of new people who were really great, and the convention itself was really amazing. The worship was really great, led by Watermark. And the speaker was great, too. The first night he talked about communion with God, and how sometimes we let competence for God drown out our communion with Him. The second night, he talked about how to recognize your purpose or calling under God. That night had a missions focus. Then this morning he talked about what it meant to truly go back and live a focused life. So it was a good trip, and a great time to refocus.

I'm about to run out now to go eat supper at our church, so I'll check back with you later! God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home