Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tired Days

Hey! I know it's been a while since I posted a very newsy update. That's partly because life's been busy and tiring lately. This weekend was really a drainer for several reasons, some rather unknown. Our church had a spiritual renewal weekend, which was excellent--the theme was prayer--but for some reason, Lance, Christina, and I (the only college kids who went) all came away somewhat drained and even a little depressed by it. I know that sounds pretty bad, but Saturday night there were several testimonies from people who had gone through extremely difficult situations. You name it: cancer, losing a parent, losing a child, having a daughter deal with depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, losing a spouse...pretty much everything in the book. And honestly, the testimonies were amazing stories of God's faithfulness and the power of prayer; so I'm not sure why we all left kind of drained from it all, except that it dealt with a lot of emotion. I was hit very strongly by the couple of spoke of their daughter dealing with depression, mostly because of my experiencs; Lance, of course, could identify with the young adult who spoke of her battle with cancer from his own medical struggles in the hospital. I think that identification, of it hitting a little closer to home, was part of it. Still, the weekend was ok; I did get some good one-on-one time to talk with Christina, which I hadn't in a while. (Kirstin was in Ft. Worth this weekend) She really is such sweetheart, and a very good friend. So the weekend was ok, but I just came through it pretty tired and drained, not to mention the fact that I spent a total of 7-8 hours in the library studying over the weekend.

Yes, studying...I have my two biggest tests this week, one of which I just took this morning: Life Science (Biology) and Life Span Development (a psychology class). I had to know 6 chapters for Bio and will have to study 7 chapters for Life Span. At least I'm half-way through it, right? I get to go to Ft. Worth on Thursday because Lance and I both have doctor's appointments on Friday morning that we have to be there for. I always really enjoy my trips to Ft. Worth--it's so relaxing for me, for some reason. Lance and I also get to go to his church's Valentine's Day Banquet on Friday night, which I think should be fun. We went last year and were the only unmarried couple there, so that makes it interesting...but I think it will be fun anyways. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this weekend, just getting to relax and enjoy myself some, especially once my tests are over with.

Well, that's about all I have time to put up right now. I'm off to go eat dinner, and then I'll spend 2-3 hours in the library tonight studying. Oh joy! But speaking of joy, "the joy of the Lord is my strength..." And honestly, what greater joy or strength could we ask for?

May the Lord give you both his joy and his strength this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home