Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Anyone ready to fall in love?

It's been a few days since I posted an update, so I figured I might do that in some of my spare time today. Things have been a little busy lately. We had a guest come in from Indonesia for a few days on Friday; she just left this morning and was really nice. Saturday, I had worship team practice, and then that evening my mom and dad had a wedding reception they went to while I took our guest to a movie and Lindsay met up with a friend. Sunday's service was good and interesting; a lot of food for thought. It did end up being long, however, and my mom, sister, and I had to leave early so we could take my dad to the airport for his flight. We had lunch there together before he left. Then we headed home, and my mom went to a supper at our church while Lindsay and I took our guest out to Hillside (the food stalls) to eat.

Today's been a lazy day. Mom got up early to take our guest to the airport, so once she had done that, she came back and took a long nap. Lindsay and I did random things around the house, and later all three of us watched a TV show together. I know, the excitement of it all is too much!! :-) Right now, my mom has some friends downstairs she's talking with, and I just finished reading my Bible and writing in my journal. Now I'm considering moving on to a good book to read.

God has been showing me over and over again how amazing his Word is. God really didn't have to give us the Bible, but he chose to reveal himself to all of humanity through it, his Word. That's an incredible act of love. I was just thinking: when you're in love with someone, you pour over every word they write you in a letter, re-reading the parts that were particularly special to you. When you talk with that person, you could talk for hours, because you're sharing yourself and learning more about them. Then you play that conversation and their words over and over in your head throughout the rest of the day, thinking about them, thinking about the next time you can talk with them again or see them again. And while I love God more than anything else in this world, I wonder how often I act as if I'm truly in love with him. Do I wake up every morning, eager to read the words from my Beloved? Do I scan his love letter, reading with excitement and love those special words I feel were written just for me? Do I take time to pour out my heart befor him, sharing myself and eagerly awaiting his every word for a greater revelation of who he is? Can I not help but think about him all day, about his words of love to me, dwelling on the next time I can come before him one-on-one? I look back at all of these questions, and I have to say that I am not nearly the lover that God deserves. I know I will never love God as much as he loves me, never be as faithful as he is to me. But am I loving him with everything I am capable of? It's a question I need to ask myself every day.

The God of the universe is calling for lovers, people who will abandon everything for his love; and when we are in love, deeply in love with God, we cannot help but want to share with others the love of our Beloved. Am I falling deeper in love with the Lord every day? I pray that I am. The words below could not say better what I have been praying lately, for myself and all who have been called by his name:

You will, I believe and trust, become more and more in love with a crucified Saviour. He wants lovers. Oh how tepid is the love of so many who call themselves by His name. How tepid our own--my own--in comparison with the lava fires of His eternal love. I pray that you may be an ardent lover, the kind of lover that sets others on fire.
-Amy Carmichael
Candles in the Dark


Are we ready to fall in love?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I can't really say I am totally in love with Him. But my prayer is, "Lord, capture my gaze by your beauty and make me fall in love for You deeper and deeper everyday!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home