Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A blessed birthday

This will be short, as it's late and I need to get to bed. I did want to stop in to say that my birthday was a wonderful day. My family and friends were so wonderful in the things they did to bless me today. I got to talk with Lance on the phone this morning so he could wish me a happy birthday; my family gave me wonderful gifts and took me out to eat for lunch at a nice restaurant. We spent the afternoon letting me pick out my main birthday present--a digital camera of my own! Then this evening, my friends Emily and Andy came over. We went out for a fast supper of roti canai and then came back to watch Star Wars IV: A New Hope. Yes, I'm a Star Wars fan! It was fun, especially since it was Em's first time to ever watch it. And my grandparents from Texas called this evening to wish me a happy birthday as well! Anyways, it was a great day, and thanks to everyone who made it so special. I'm so thankful for all the family and friends who love me, and I'm most of thankful for the Lord who gave me life--in more ways than one.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Katy,
    I'm glad that you had a great birthday! I'm sorry that I didn't write to you on your actual birthday! It sounds like you are having a great time with your family and friends!
    MTad

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Happy late birthday Katy! Reading your blog was so sentimental to me. I'm so so glad you had a fabulous day; it's always the best when it's with your family sometimes. Give my love to Emily and Andy and whoever else is there and tell them I miss them. Love ya girly!

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Tom said…

    OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!

    great that you got to spend it in your 'home town'
    Sure it was a blessing to be with family and friends =)

    God bless you!!!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone who left me birthday wishes! You all are so sweet, and I thank God for each one of you!
    Love,
    Katy

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Happy birthday Katy. Thanks for your prayers and your comments on my blog. Glad that you got to meet Thomas in Penang. He comes home in 13 days - can't wait for that. Enjoy your holiday with your family.

    Steve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home