Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Lindsay Joy

Well, today has also been a special day as we celebrate the birth of my sister, 17 years ago. It's still amazing to me as I see my little sister grow up to be such a sweet spirited young lady, with a sensitive heart for God and others. She's beautiful, inside and out. And I'm so thankful for the privilege of being her big sister! It's been a blessing, and I'm so thankful for such a great sister and for the gift of having such a good, close relationship with her.

I think Lins has enjoyed her birthday today. We did presents this morning, and she got several big surprise presents, which was fun for her and the rest of us, too. :-) Then we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse Grill (they actually have one in Malaysia!), Lindsay's choice. My dad and I actually played pool there, and I ended up winning! Which, if you know me, is pretty crazy, because I've only played pool a handful of times. But it was fun. Then we went to the mall and Lindsay met her friends to go see Batman Begins. Well, my dad also really wanted to see it, so mom and I went with him; we were also joined by a friend of ours who works with my parents (his wife didn't want to see it with him, so he came to see it with us!). Anyways, I have to confess, I really didn't want to see Batman Begins; I just wasn't that interested in it. Sounded ok, but I wasn't dying to see it. I'd seen a few other of the Batman movies and just didn't really love those. But I have to tell you: I really liked this movie! It's so much better than any of the other ones that I've seen, and it was really well done. It really was just an excellent movie; I loved it! So if you ever consider going to see it and aren't sure if you'll like it, take a chance, because I really enjoyed the movie.

After that, my family headed home while Lindsay went out with her friends. Mom and I had to go back to the mall a little later to get my dress fitted (the beautiful one I got for my birthday!), and it fit perfectly. It is so pretty, I just wish I could tell you how pretty! I have to say, I've never been much of a girly-girl, but every now and then I have a weakness for pretty dresses, like the ones you might wear for a formal or banquet or some special occasion. Which is odd, considering I own next to 0 of them; but now I have at least one!

Alright, enough about dresses. Lindsay is downstairs right now watching a movie with her friends, and I'm finishing up a couple of e-mails. I pray that the Lord will bless each of you in a special way today! And if you have any siblings, say a prayer for them today; they are some of God's greatest gifts to us!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    I'll work on getting a picture for you. Right now I can't download pictures from my new digital camera because I have to first download the software from a CD onto my computer, and my CD drive is messed up. But I'll try to get it fixed soon!
    I'm so sorry to hear about Melissa...wow. I'll be praying for her, as I have been for your family. I love you, girl! You are incredible.
    Love,
    Katy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home