Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Ripping CDs....and "Accepted in the Beloved"

Ok, I have to be honest: I'm very tired. And it's not because I've had a busy day and run around doing a million things. In reality, I've been sitting in front of this computer for the last I-don't-know-how-long (a good estimate might be 6 hours by now). I know, I know...you're all thinking "How is sitting down all day exhausting?" Well, I don't really know, and I'm sure that'll be one of the questions I ask God someday. But I can assure you, it is. Our family is beginning the process of packing and organizing our house, and since I don't have as much to do as the rest of the family, my job has been to organize our CDs and rip them to this computer. This might be a simple task in some families, but in our family, where 3 out of 4 of us are avid music lovers, it takes much longer than one might think. But I'm really not trying to complain; it hasn't been that bad. It's interesting to see how many CDs we really do have. Crazy, but interesting.

Since that's pretty much it, I may close off for now. I do want to share this wonderful phrase that someone prayed over me the other day. They prayed that God would show me that I was "accepted in the Beloved." I thought it was so beautiful. No matter my past mistakes and failures, I have been made right with God through Jesus Christ. Before God, I am seen in the righteousness of his beloved son Christ, not in my own sinfulness. Amazing, awesome, humbling thought...I am "accepted in the Beloved."

6 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Katy. It's Carolyn's mom (trying to avoid nama keluarga, ya know). Nice to see your blog and to picture you ripping cds and remembering that you are accepted in the Beloved! Yes, we are!!! Stay in touch. Love, Aunt Linda

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And that is why 95% of my CD's are sitting in a big fat folder under my desk, unripped...

    That's a great prayer - and an awesome truth - that we are indeed fully accepted, as we are, with all our problems and rought spots. God really does love us!

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow..."acceptance in the Beloved". Now that is a beautiful and powerful prayer.

    Ripping cds...that's something I have done in quite a while

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you find it? Interesting read »

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work »

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home