Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Birthdays and Baccalaureates

Hey everyone! Today, June 4th, has been a special day for our family. First, my sister Lindsay had her Baccalaureate this morning, which was really neat. It's so weird--but still cool--to see her in a graduation gown! It was fun to see her with all her friends, running around with a huge smile to take pictures with all her friends. She will graduate next Wednesday, on June 7th.

Today is also a special day because it is my mom's birthday! It's been a busy day, what with Baccalaureate this morning and a Global Day of Prayer service later tonight; but we still have had time to take my mom out for a meal and then ice cream, as well as squeeze in some presents.

So it's been a good day. It makes me realize how grown up my little sister is getting, and I'm so proud of who she is and all she is becoming. She has a very tender heart, and I'm so grateful that God gave her to me as my sis. I'm also so thankful for the wonderful mom I have, a beautiful woman whose strength, life, and love for God example the woman I want to become one day. I'm so thankful for them both, especially on today, a special day for both of them.

To Mom and Lins: I love you!

Lindsay's grad week will continue, so I'm sure I will have more to write soon. May God bless each of you with a special peace and joy today!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's always great to take time to thank God for the people God has put in your life especially family members.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    Lots of good birthdays this time of year (my mum's and bro's)
    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home