Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Indonesia Earthquake Kills Over 3,000

I suppose most of you have heard about the earthquake in Indonesia, a 6.3, that hit in central Java only yesterday. The death toll is over 3,000 now, and that number is expected to rise as well. Please pray for the people there who are experiencing such loss and tragedy. It is often during tragedy that God can best move to bring people into his kingdom--I pray that it would be so now. My heart breaks, but I continue to pray that God will use this situation to show his glory before the nations. I hope you will pray with me.

To read the news article on the story, please click on the link below:
CNN.com article: "Indonesia Earthquake Kills Over 3.000"

2 Comments:

  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Thanks Katy, I would have missed it, caught up in a tragedy on a personal level, just passing some down time with a few blogs before I get some sleep, wasn't going to read any news, a little grandchild was run over by a van driven by her grandmother and we are all very involved. Of course the tragedy of the quake is enormous and I do pray continually for the people of the world to be saved from the devastation of nature, I believe the character of mankind causes nature to be like this, change the nature of mankind, change the nature mankind lives in. Love is far better than hate, and Love is the solution to egos in even religious people which cause them to lose sight of their own humanity, and assume roles as gods, then the cruelties and humanly created devastation comes. I pray to the God that your Jesus pointed to, the God that created the man and the nature that he inhabits, all of which man now has responsibility for. Sorry for such a long comment, guess I just needed to talk, considering the world and the tragedies that we live with daily, all of them are unacceptable to me, and I hope to you, and I wish, were unacceptable to everyone.

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Hi Katy, Thanks for the note and words from your wonderful soul, regarding my young granddaughter, she is recovering and things look good for her future.

    The immense tragedy in Indonesia is mind-numbing, it is tragic beyond words, the lives, the loves, the beauty of the population, the individuals that made up that population, there is no accepting that things have to be this way, with this loss, this suffering. We have to pray for changes that will undo the miseries of the world in our time.

    I read your latest post, on the Author, I am impressed by your sensitivity and ability to express yourself so deeply and profoundly. I respect your given Faith, I admire your Soul, your Truth and Committment. May God stay very near to you all the days of your walk, and continue to write thru you, the beauty as displayed in your Post.

    My best to you. Thanks for your Humanity. Jim.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home