Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just to drop by...

I just thought I would drop in to leave a little update on here. The last few days have been pretty nice; it's been so great to be at home and just relax. I went by my sister's school library the other day and checked out nine books to read...I was so excited! So I've been doing a lot of reading the last few days, which is nice. I've also been working out at home, running errands with my mom, and hanging out some with my sister. Being home really is wonderful!

And I have to say, today was one of the prettiest days I'd seen in a long time. Clear blue skies, just the right smattering of white clouds, the most beautifully blue ocean, and exquisitely clear views of the mountains in the distance and the lush green hills surrounding our house. It was lovely! It's hard to imagine how beautiful God must be, how beautiful Heaven must be, if there is already such beauty here on the Earth that He created. God's holiness fills the earth, if only we will stop and see it. I'll close with one of my favorite quotes:

Earth's crammed with heaven
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees takes off his shoes.
The rest sit around it and pluck blackberries.
-Elizabeth Barret Browning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home