Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm Home!

Hello super-cool people! I guess that most of you realize by now that I am finally home (maybe because you are psychic, or maybe you can just read the title of this post!). It is fabulous to be back in Asia, and it is fabulous to be back with my family. Have I mentioned lately how awesome and amazing my family is? It is such a blessing to be with them. I am loving this great, humid, tropical heat; and it is definitely exciting that it has already rained twice in my first 24 hours back! Did I mentioned that I love rain? Especially Asia rain! America rain just isn't the same. It's not usually as heavy, and it doesn't last as long; and more often than not, if you play in it you freeze afterwards. You don't freeze here in Asia (hello, tropics?!), so you can feel free to run around in the rain as much as you'd like without the fear of pneumonia. Anyways, I do like any kind of rain, and I don't really mean to put down rain in America (because, as I've said before, we have some amazing thunderstorms in Texas), but there is a special place in my heart for Asia rain.

Since I've been back, I've mostly been resting, getting over jet-lag (which actually hasn't been too bad so far), and being with my family. I went to see a movie with my parents yesterday, which was fun. So far today, Mom and Dad are over at the office, and Lindsay has hung around the house waiting to hook up with friends later this afternoon. And what have I been doing? Well, I've had time to have my devotional time, take a shower, eat breakfast, and spend a fair amount of time online checking email and messaging friends on Facebook. I have super great friends; have I mentioned that lately either?

I also just have to say that God is beautiful. He really is. I wish I could begin to tell you what he means to me and the way his love and presence have changed my life. Anything good about me comes from him: he has seen me through the storms of life and the valleys I have had to walk through, and he has also rejoiced with me when I caught glimpses of blue skies or could finally stand on mountains. He is beautiful! And he has made me who I am. Anywhere I am in the world, I can always feel at home because I am always in the presence of God, who is the truest "home" my heart has ever known. I am blessed to be a daughter of God. May his love make the same kind of difference in you, wherever you are in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home