Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Books!

I've decided I've gotten out of habit of posting every day or so on here. Oh well! I usually wait to do all my computer stuff (e-mailing, blogging, etc) till night when I'm getting ready to go to bed anyways, so sometimes I spend too long on e-mails and decide not to get around to writing on my blog. Ah well!

Friday, my whole family got up to go exercise that morning. We came back and then all did separate things; Mom and Dad went to the office, Lindsay was making plans with friends, and I began reading the first Anne of Green Gables book (great book! I'd forgotten how humorous Montgomery's writing is!). Mom and I walked Lindsay over to her friends house a little later, and then I went to the office with Mom to help her and Dad with something real quickly. There, I found another book I wanted to read, so I started in on that.

I read that most of the rest of the evening before e-mailing, reading the Bible, and journalling before bedtime (which has become something of an established ritual for me). This morning I got up, talked with Lance on the phone, and then asked Mom if we could eat at a certain restaurant nearby. Well, I think that was a God-thing, because when we went there, we met a lady who knew my mom, and we started talking. To make a long story short, she knows of a Malaysian girl who will be starting at my college in the fall. She doesn't really have any friends or family in the States, so our friend was suggesting that I could keep an eye out for her. She got my number to give to this girl, Crystal, and Crystal actually called me this evening. I found out when she was getting in to the US, and that she had no one to meet her there or to give her a place to stay. So I told her that wherever she came in at, I could find a way to meet her and would know of a place she could stay at. Anyways, we talked, and she seems so sweet! We're going to meet on Monday. I'm really excited that a Malaysian girl will be at my school.

Today I finished the book I borrowed from my dad and then also finished Anne of Green Gables--so I can start on the next one in that series! I hope you all have a blessed day of worship tomorrow in church. God bless you and make you a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home