Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

From mac-and-cheese to Spades

Again, it's been a few days since my last post, and a few things have happened since then. For example, on Tuesday night, several girls from our church came over for the evening. We made macaroni and cheese and watched the special edition of Beauty and the Beast. :-) It was fun, and a good time of fellowship. They (mainly Jessica!) got me to play for them a song I wrote (the lyrics are under my September 27th post), and now I've been asked to play that for our church sometime during missions week. I was seriously blown away! When you scribble out songs, sometimes you never realize how God could use them, so I'm honored that this one blessed the girls here on Tuesday and maybe will also bless our church. God is great!

Wednesday was a laid-back day, mostly spent at home. I actually got to talk with Lance for a good long while on the phone, and it was really nice to catch up with him. The rest of the day I did a couple of things with my mom and my sister, and then my dad got home early from his trip. We had a neat talk about his meeting, and then he was giving me some figures about how much Christian money actually goes to missions. The figures are shocking, and once I double-check them, I will put the numbers up.

I actually had a good night's sleep last night and slept until 10:00 this morning. I did a little bit of e-mail this morning and then showered before starting in on cleaning our kitchen. I made lunch for our family (from a rough recipe provided by Lance) and continued to try to wash dishes (our hot water was acting up). Mom and I went out a little later to run some errands, and I actually bought a new book with some babysitting money I had earned here. It's called God Calling and is published under A.J. Russell's name, but it's actually written by two women who remain anonymous (Russell gives them credit for it in his introduction). I skimmed through it and found it to be pretty deep stuff, so I thought I'd get it. I'm excited about reading it; it's divided into daily readings, like for a devotional book, so that's nice.

Then tonight, my family and I actually played Spades! All my friends back in Texas know that I usually get nervous, for some odd reason, about card games, so this was a big step for me. Since all my friends love Spades, I decided I'd learn how to play while I was home this summer so I could come back and know what I was donig. So far, it's fun!

Alright, I'm off to read my Bible and then some of God Calling. After that, I may do some light reading. I've been considering re-reading the Anne of Green Gables series, so who knows! God bless each of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home