Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Met in the Rain

It rained a few nights ago here in Malaysia.

That’s really not an unusual occurrence. In fact, it had rained many times before then; and it has rained many times since then. But a few nights ago, I went out in the rain. And in the rain, I sought God at a time when I really needed a touch of His grace, a reminder of His love. The following is what I wrote in my journal that night:


It was raining a little, and I sat out on our front steps with my mom, just talking. I kept hoping and waiting for it to rain—-I mean, really rain, the dense, thick, curtain of rain that comes only in the tropics. It sprinkled off and on until finally later that night, it rained. I practically ran outside and just stood there, letting the falling water soak me and drench my soul. And in the rain, I cried out to God. I literally felt thirsty for the rain, praying that it wouldn’t stop until the Asian rain had drenched my body and until God’s rain had filled my heart. You see, I equate that kind of rain with You, Lord. I don’t know why, but that kind of rain is always a symbol of Your presence. I love to stand out in it because to me it becomes Your grace and forgiveness washing my soul, Your love soaking through to heal my heart, Your Holy Spirit to cover and comfort me. That kind of rain becomes holy to me, because I feel like in the rain I come before the throne of God.

So I knelt outside tonight, hands upheld, reaching through the rain to You, and I emptied myself. I cried and let Your rain wash away my tears. I prayed and let Your rain sanctify my prayers. I whispered over and over my love to You; and then I let Your rain fall over me to cover me with Your love in return. I recited Scripture aloud in the rain, and I asked Your rain to anoint those words over my life.

In the rain, I found the holy, healing rain of God that soaks the soul. In the rain, You came to tell me again how much You love me. In short, it rained tonight in Malaysia.

And in the rain, You met me.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my Katy, I'm sitting here in tears! I felt like I was right there with you in that beautiful downpour. Sweet girl, God is at work in your heart. Thank you, again, for opening the door a bit so we can see His handiwork. You are such a sweet blessing!!!

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi! that was nice, your journal entry. i used to like rain but now i don't but because i read this it kinda gives me a new meaning of rain. thanks. i wanna do that also. hehe :) wow you're in Malaysia? are there many believers there???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home