Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Free

Howdy! Today's actually been a fairly busy, good day. I went over with my mom early this morning to the office to help her with some work she needed to get done. Then, mid-morning, we went to the airport to pick up a man coming in who'd been volunteering in one of the tsunami-affected areas. He will be here for a couple of days, and on Saturay, a group of three college kids who have been volunteering in the same area will be coming in for a few days. It will be fun to have some kids around my age!

Our family took this man out to eat, and then my sister and I went to see a movie. I'm almost embarassed to say it, but we went to see The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy. I'd heard it was a cute, fun movie--and granted, it had funny moments--but a lot of it was soooo weird! Granted, it's crazy enough that some people might like it; and while it provided amusement at some parts to me, I couldn't help but wonder why I'd paid money to see it. But that's just my opinion. One element of the movie was this quest for the answer "to life, the universe, and everything." I think all of the world is searching, in one way or another, for that answer. That answer is found only in one person, Jesus Christ; it is found only in God. I pray that any of you who reading this and are still searching for that answer, I pray that you will turn and find that answer in Christ. He is more than you could ever hope for.

Please continue to pray for the people in the tsunami-affected areas. Our guest was talking about the area he was working in: its previous population was about 30,000 people--and today, only 200 people live there. That kind of loss of life is incomprehensible to me. I know I can never understand it; but God is doing good even in the midst of great suffering and tragedy. Pray that more workers would be sent to the field that is so ripe for harvest right now.

There is a song by Hillsong called "Free" that I am completely in love with at the moment; seriously, I've been playing it over and over today! The lyrics are great, but you miss a lot without the music; still, thought I'd include the lyrics:

Would you believe me if I said
That we are the ones who can make the change
In the world today.
Would you believe me if I said
That all of the dreams in your heart
can come true...today.

Would you believe me if I said
That life could be all that you want it to be...today

And if I had wings I would fly,
'Cause all that I need, You are.
And if the world caved in around me
to You I'd still hold on.
'Cause You're all that I believe
And the one that created me.
Jesus...because of You, I'm Free

Would you belive me if I said
that God can make miracles happen today (yeah, yeah).
Would you believe me if I said
that you don't need to wait for the answer before
you step out in faith.

Would you believe me if I said
that nothin' is ever impossible...for God.


Just live your life with God inside;
you won't regret one moment of it.
And give all that you can for God--for God.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love that song as well! I had goosebumps reading the lyrics even!

    Thank you Jesus for freedom!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home