Katy's World: Randomly Life (2004-2007)

A place for family and friends to check up on me--and hopefully a site that glorifies God first and foremost.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The doors are open

Well, I definitely have some news for you all. I won't be posting any updates (I think) for a while because I will be leaving for on a trip for the next couple of weeks. You know the three college kids who have been visiting? Well, in a surprising turn of events (that only God could have arranged), I will be joining them in the tsunami-affected area that they are volunteering at. It's been amazing to see how this all worked out. The long and short of it is that I've been praying for some time for an opportunity to go to one of these areas, but it didn't look like I would be able to. I just prayed, "Lord, if you want me to go, open the doors." Then the other day, one of the college students, Jarod, suddenly asked, "Why don't you come back with us?" And that began a series of events that has led to me leaving tomorrow on a plane to go help out in one of the disaster-relief areas. I'll be working with the three college students, Wendy, Cody, and Jarod, and I am so excited about this opportunity! If I had time to explain how everything worked out, it would be obvious what a God-thing this was; but you'll just have to take my word for it. :-) I think it will be an amazing experience, and I will covet your prayers while I am gone.

I just want to praise God for how amazing, how good, how faithful he is. He is always at work for his purposes, and I've never realized how much until today...just how everything led up to me going and how everything fell into place. The Lord is awesome; I pray he may use me to glorify his name.

I will post updates as soon as I can once I get back. Until then, may God bless you, and keep you, and make his face to shine upon you.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Katy, that is too great. That would be my dream summer, working with tsunami relief efforts. I'm so happy the dor has been opened to you and I will pray for you as you bring His light to those around you. love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home